Pearpoint’s range of laser profilers deliver advanced condition reporting, enabling operators to identify and assess pipe deformation or defects. A change in pipe gradient or ovality can indicate a change in the substrate that supports the pipe, caused by a leak or cavity. Pressure exerted on the pipe walls by an external body such as tree roots, excavations or even traffic can cause deformation in pipe walls, which the profiler’s laser ring can help operators to identify, either visually or with the use of compatible postprocessing software.
When combined with compatible software packages, changes in pipe condition can assessed over time, enabling proactive maintenance and repair program before failure.
Pearpoint offer a choice of two laser profilers, and a choice of interchangeable mounting kits which enable operators to fit a profiler to either the P350 Pan/Tilt/Zoom camera, or the Pan/Tilt camera.
- As the profilers are battery powered, no wired connections need to be made, enabling rapid, simple fitting and removal.
- No system upgrades are required to use the laser profilers.
- The advanced variable laser profiler allows the operator to control the size of the laser ring, making it suitable for a wide range of pipes.
- The profiler diode provides a laser ring that is suitable for pipes beginning at 4″ / 100mm and powerful enough for pipes greater than 1 metre (3 feet) in diameter.
- The fixed laser profiler offers users an economical way to survey pipes up to 18″ / 450mm in diameter, and is supplied with a choice of carbon-fibre extension rods, permitting use in a range of pipe diameters beginning at 4″ / 100 mm.